Position: Senior Project Manager (SCPM) to lead the design and construction team.
The SCPM works alongside the designer to help facilitate the design process as it pertains to the feasibility of construction while ensuring the project remains within the client’s budget. The SCPM is solely responsible and held accountable for their assigned projects’ timely completion, cost control, and health and safety compliance. Additionally, the SCPM is responsible for ensuring that the projects are constructed according to the plans, specifications, and required local building codes. The SCPM is involved in all aspects of projects assigned to them from initial concept through execution.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following reflects management’s definition of essential duties and responsibilities for this position but does not restrict the tasks assigned to an individual. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work with designers and homeowners during the early stages of the project to determine execution feasibility.
- Manage field crew and subcontractor schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work performance.
- Ensure that subcontractors fully execute and comply with their contracted scope of work.
- Direct/coordinate work in the field according to plans and specifications.
- Communicate any conflicts or revisions associated with the project to the project team before execution.
- Coordinate required inspections with local buildings departments.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in the construction progress and communicate them to the subcontractors or vendors for resolution.
- Maintain and update the construction schedules for assigned projects in co-construct and project folders weekly.
- Provide updated schedules to the clients and lead installers on time.
- Perform Project Manager duties at multiple job sites simultaneously.
- Perform some residential job site estimating.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified.
- Walk all projects multiple times a week to monitor progress, accuracy, cleanliness, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Perform job progress and completion punch lists.
- Preside at the pre-construction meeting with each client and key subcontractors.
- Ensure all job sites are open at the beginning of each day and secured at the end of each day.
Safety and Health Responsibilities:
- Works with and through senior management to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and assist in achieving profitability/productivity requirements.
- Assists, plans, and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Advises ownership on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions
- Plans and implements training for employees in worksite safety practices
- Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists in the development, evaluation, and upgrading of safety programs.
The Senior Construction Project Manager shall supervise all subcontractors, leads, installers, and helpers daily. The Project Managers shall coordinate directly with each other and with the General Manager in scheduling crew members daily.
Qualifications and Skills
- Problem Solving/ Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct
- Interpersonal Competence
- Time Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Control
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to understand and interpret architectural and structural plans
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures such as percentages and square footage and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Strong communication skills
- Thorough and attentive to details
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proactive and deadline-oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization
Required Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of construction trade experience
- 3+ years as a Construction Superintendent or in construction management
- Minimum of 2+ years residential estimating experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of construction site safety management
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices, including safety and health regulations
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
- Previous Construction Management Experience
Affinity Homes LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits package offered
Relocation assistance considered
Qualified candidates, submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.